Artbook

I was invited to participate in an anime art book project. The theme is 'First'. I tried to stay away from something generic so I ended up with this...some kind of 'first' encounter between a man and a pond mermaid...*nervous laugh*.
I have tried other concepts but this one nags at me the most. And I have less than a week to complete it...oh dear.

I am open for suggestions. Make it quick though cause I'm planning on coloring this soon.


Got bored of first concept/realized it has perspective problems, moving on to this one. Better composition. And have 4 days to complete...shit.

happy with the transparent cocoon. need to fix colors...


Dead line extended, change of color scheme/pose/expression/atmosphere. Much better :3 For the first time I'm actually excited about working on this pic. The wings were cropped and pasted on from a stock photo for composition sake, will be painted later, same goes for cheap custom leaf brush. <.<


Fixed anatomy problems


First Flight by ~yummy-twinkie on deviantART
And finished!

0 comments: